Join the club!
Anyone may use resources in the library, but a library card is needed to check out materials. Anyone in one of the following categories may have a library card at no additional charge:
– Residents or owners of real estate or personal property in the Cape Girardeau Municipal Library District (see district map here)
– Full time employees of the City of Cape Girardeau
What to bring:
– your valid, state-issued photo ID with your current address listed
If your ID lists a previous address, please also bring one of the following for verification:
– a lease with a remaining term of 6 months or more
– a current voter registration card
– your most recent income tax return
– a current property tax bill
– a current utility bill
If you do not live within the library district:
The following persons who are not legal residents of the Cape Girardeau municipal library district may be issued a borrower’s card at a 50% discount:
– All personnel employed by K – 12 Cape Girardeau public schools
– All personnel employed by any K – 12 private or parochial school located within the municipal library district
Library cards are available for a fee to those not in one of the above categories. The fee is $15.00 for 90 days or $60.00 for 1 year per household. Gift certificates are also available.
Keep in touch!
Please present your library card to check out items. You are responsible for all items checked out on your card. Please notify us if your card is lost or stolen, or if there are changes in your information we have on file.